The NHSX Analytics Unit is focussed around three core programmes of work. The leads for these areas are:
Head of Analytics Unit and NHSX Analytics as a Profession programme lead
I joined NHSX from NHSE/I, moving across from a Data Policy role. Prior to that I held a number of analytical and data science roles across health, I established a Data Science team within the Department of Health in 2015.
Undergrad and PhD in Chemistry
As evidenced from my time in academia, I’m a huge animal lover and have a passion for public health. Much of my work over the past three years has focussed on using analytics to support digital transformation within the NHS. Our recently formed Analytics Unit hopes to make great strides over the coming years in the generation and use of data and intelligence for monitoring, evaluation, decision-making, and continuous improvement with respect to digital transformation.
- BSc (Hons) Veterinary Science, Royal Vet College
- MSc, Human Nutrition, University of Alberta (Canada)
- MPhil, Epidemiology, Cambridge
- PhD, Public Health & Primary Care, Cambridge
- Epidemiologist, IQVIA
- Senior Public Health Analyst, Local Authority
- Digital Analytics Lead, NHSE/I
NHSX Innovation Analytics programme lead
Leeds-based with particular interests in synthetic data generation, discrete event simulations and coding in the open. Want to see healthcare analysis reach its potential and so am always happy to chat through and spend energy on interesting ideas. Family, church and scouting thankfully get me away from the computer at every other available opportunity.
- Msc (hons) Theoretical Physics, York University
- PhD, Nuclear Fusion and Plasma Physics, Universität Düsseldorf
- Operational Researcher in Cancer Waiting Times Team, DHSC (Seconded to NHSE)
- Analyst in Analytical Insight Resource Unit, NHSE
- Senior Analytical Manager leading on data science and supporting forecasting, DAIS, NHSE
You can get in touch with the team using this email address.